Come and participate with our Choices team at Ingelwood Junior High School. One day a year we present this course to teens near the end of their school year. There are three training sessions to prepare you for this fun and spirited event.
Date: June 2013
Location: Inglewood Jr. High School - 8th Grade class
Program Info: Four teams of 2 volunteers per team present material to a total of ~400 students during twelve separate classes using video learning lessons, interactive games and peer role playing. The message is about time management, money management, good decision making and the fact that as you will start the ninth grade your academic record will stay with you for the rest of your life. The choices you make now set a course for you ... you can control your future.
Committee Volunteers: Michele Petitti, Norm Bottenberg, Scott Brewer, Mark Buick, Del Goehner, Bernie Lucking, Clint Scott, and Jerry Vice.
Contact Michele Petitti for additional information: Michele.Petitti@SammamishRotary.org
CHOICES Program Facts:
- The CHOICES Education Group was formed in 1985 as a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) social enterprise based in Seattle, Washington.
- The CHOICES workshop has been delivered to more than 5,000,000 middle and high school students spanning all 50 states in the U.S., seven provinces in Canada, and three locations in Australia.
- CHOICES currently engages 2,000 local business and community volunteers to serve 200,000 students per year.
- CHOICES currently serves 1,000 teens every school day.
- CHOICES currently engages 2,000 volunteers.
- 88% of participating students and 97% of their educators rate CHOICES
- CHOICES can be provided to schools for less than $5 per student.
- CHOICES workshop takes less than two hours to present. Volunteer presenter training takes less than half a day.
- Clients include major corporations, chambers of commerce, service clubs, urban leagues and other community organizations. CHOICES is licensed to these organizations for a program fee that covers the program materials, training and support needed to implement and manage the program.
- Major corporate funders include Bank of America, Nordstrom, UPS, Russell Investment Group, and Verizon.
For more information on the CHOICES program check out their website at: www.choices.org